ADELE DOLANSKY COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION OPENS:
THE 2024 APPLICATION LINK WILL OPEN OCTOBER 2023
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE:
THE DEADLINE WILL BE POSTED WHEN THE 2024 APPLICATION LINK GOES LIVE
Women and Girls in Soccer is awarding four $10,000 college scholarships to empower and support the exceptional female soccer athlete to play at the collegiate level. Applicants must be rostered and playing on a team accepted and playing in the WAGS Rael Vodicka Annual Soccer Tournament held annually in October.
*APPLICANTS MUST BE 17-19 YEARS OF AGE
*A MINIMUM 3.7 GPA
*A COMMITMENT TO PLAY SOCCER IN COLLEGE
*APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO BE A U.S. CITIZEN
WAGS will award four scholarships to players who meet the above criteria, who excel in a broad variety of extracurricular activities and who demonstrate active participation in community service. WAGS is looking for individuals who embrace the qualities and characteristics necessary to play on an elite soccer team and who apply these qualities to her daily life.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE EMAIL US AT INFO@WOMENANDGIRLSINSOCCER.ORG.
WAGS ADELE DOLANSKY SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
ABIGAIL WATSONABIGAIL PLAYED FOR SPACE COAST UNITED RL G05/04 IN FLORIDA AND WILL ATTEND AND PLAY FOR WASHINGTON AND LEE UNIVERSITY IN THE FALL.
AVA MARVINAVA PLAYED FOR TSJ FC VIRGINIA 04/05G GA AND WILL ATTEND AND PLAY FOR COLLEGE OF WILLIAM AND MARY IN THE FALL.
CAITLYN PLAYED FOR 05 (18U) JASA COASTAL SURGE BLK G IN NORTH CAROLINA AND WILL ATTEND AND PLAY FOR CENTRE COLLEGE IN THE FALL.
PAYTON PLAYED FOR JORDAN LAKE FUTBOL CLUB, JLFC ELITE 05G IN NORTH CAROLINA AND WILL ATTEND AND PLAY FOR GETTYSBURG COLLEGE IN THE FALL.
WAGS SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS & CHECKLIST
1. Scholarship Amounts
- Four (4) scholarships of $10,000 each
- 17-19 years of age
- Graduating high school senior
- Actively rostered to a team accepted and playing in the WAGS Rael Vodicka Tournament during the year of application. Copy of the state certified roster is required.
- Committed or planning to play in college.
- Confirmation of acceptance required before funds are awarded.
- Minimum 3.70 GPA. Copy of high school transcript required.
3. Checklist (documents associated with b through e should be uploaded as PDF files)
- Completed application.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation:
- Soccer reference
- Character reference
- Applicant’s choice
- Soccer resume (maximum one-page)
- Resume outlining academic, extracurricular and community activities (maximum one-page)
- Applicant’s essay on how “Soccer has Empowered Me” (500-word maximum)